Your appraisal is professionally prepared to the highest standards.
Your jewelry / gemstone appraisal is performed according to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), code of ethics and Master Gemologist Appraiser Standards of the American Society of Appraisers.
We work by appointment and all work is completed while you watch so item never leaves your sight. Each piece of jewelry is weighed, measured, and described in detail.
- Gemstones are identified, graded, measured, and their weights calculated.
- Metal content is determined.
- All diamonds over 1/2 carat are issued a stone certificate, with color, clarity and proportions listed. The internal characteristics of the stone is diagramed (plotted).
- Colored gemstones certificates are done for colored stones when appropriate.
- Your appraisal includes enlarged digital color photos of the items printed right in the report.
- Photomicrographs (photos through the microscope) are available if needed for insurance claims, etc.
- Your appraisal explains the grading systems used.
- An explanation of the definition of value is included, along with the instructions for the appropriate use of the appraisal document.